Thursday, March 15, 2007

I've been schooled

In response to comments to a recent post, I polled my Campaigns class students to find out exactly how prepared they are in terms of PR skills. My unspoken assumption was that our students are generally very well prepared with both in-class and out-of-class experience (meaning jobs, internships, campus organizations, etc.).

I was right--and wrong.

Before I share the numbers, let me point out that 6 of the 28 who responded are second semester graduate students, most of whom were not PR majors as undergrads and therefore are not as well prepared as the 22 undergrads who are graduating in May. But that doesn't explain everything that I found.

First, the good news.

The unexpectedly (to me) bad news:

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

"More important than the curriculum is the question of the methods of teaching and the spirit in which the teaching is given" --Bertrand Russell

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?